The list of detailed open positions at ELDA, whether permanent, temporary or internship, is available below.
Technical Engineer (m/f)
Under the supervision of the CEO, the Technical Engineer in Speech and Multimodal Technologies will be in charge of conducting the activities related to the production of language resources. (S)he will be managing language resources production projects and co-ordinating R&D projects while being also hands-on whenever required by the development team. Their responsibilities include designing/specifying language resources, setting up production frameworks and platforms, carrying out quality control and assessment, recruiting and managing project-dedicated human resources. He/she will also contribute to the improvement or updating of the current language resources production workflows.
This yields excellent opportunities for qualified, creative, and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively in the Language Engineering field.
- Advanced university degree in computer science, speech and multimodal technologies. A proven background in research (scientific publications) will be a strong plus
- Experience and/or good knowledge in speech data collection, expertise in phonetics, transcription and annotation tools
- Experience in speech technologies (speech recognition, synthesis, language modelling) and the well-used tools to produce, collect and assess quality of resources and datasets
- Ability to experiment with various techniques for improving or building tools
- Experience in international project management
- Proficiency in Python programming language
- Good knowledge of scripting languages: bash, Python, Perl
- Good knowledge of Linux and open source software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in particular to supervise members of a multidisciplinary team
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to combine and work on different tasks
- Proficiency in English with ability to write user guides, administration documentation and reports, and good mastering of French. Knowledge of other languages would be a plus.
- Citizenship (or residency papers) of a European Union country
The position is based in Paris 13.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience (between 40-50K€).
Other benefits: complementary health insurance and meal vouchers
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to:
9, rue des Cordelières
Fax : 01 43 13 33 30
ELDA is a human-sized company (15 people) acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ELRA was established in February 1995, with the support of the European Commission, to promote the development and exploitation of Language Resources (LRs). Language Resources include all data necessary for language engineering, such as monolingual and multilingual lexica, text corpora, speech databases and terminology. The role of this non-profit membership Association is to promote the production of LRs, to collect and to validate them and, foremost, make them available to users. The association also gathers information on market needs and trends.
For further information about ELDA and ELRA, visit: